To assist with the "rails-to-rubber" conversion program of the late 1940's/early
1950's, the British Columbia Electric Railway acquired a large number of gasoline-engined Fageol Twin Coaches. By 1950, models 34S, 38S, 41S, 44S and 44D were represented
on the company's roster. M852 is a 41S preserved by TRAMS in the cream coloured livery
that lasted into B. C. Hydro days.
The BCER numbering scheme identified motor buses with the "M" prefix, to distinguish them as oddities in what was at the time a much larger electric fleet. The "8" signified a bus assigned to the North Vancouver, where rail service succumbed to buses in 1947. The Fageols were the dominant type of motor bus in the B.C. Electric and B. C. Hydro fleets throughout the 1950's and were progressively retired through the late 1960's when G.M. diesels were acquired in large numbers.